Today’s most common instant messaging service for smartphone users with a huge user base of about 600 million people worldwide, the popularly known WhatsApp allows you to share your location with your friends and family which may be an interesting news for you to know. Sharing your location as a map view via WhatsApp is as easy as sending a text message or sharing a media item through the platform. The feature is also cross platform enabling the users to share their locations without worrying about the smartphone OS they have.
Below is a list of steps for each of the OS telling you how to get the job done.
- Get the app open itself first of all.
- Start a conversation.
- Tap on the paper clip option in the top right corner which shows a list of options.
- Tap the Google maps icon and then hit “send”.
- Similar to Android, open the app and start a conversation.
- Then tap on the up arrow icon found to the left of the place where you type messages.
- Then tap share location and finally send location.
- Open the app and start a conversation.
- Then tap the paper clip option.
- Finally tap “location”.
- Open the app and then a conversation.
- Then tap on the vertical dots menu button
- Then tap send location
Black Berry OS 7:
- Open the app itself and then a new conversation.
- Hit the blackberry button.
- Then “send location”.
- For full keyboard phones, open any conversation in WhatsApp and then select options->send. Then select type of media and finally share location.
- For touch screen phones, open the app, then the paper clip icon and finally select location.
Hopefully you will sometime be using this feature before meeting someone specially when you are in a place that’s new to you.